Creation and Institutionalization of Youth' Council in Kamez Municipality " (Albania): "Deliberative youth"
Objectives and results
The purpose of the action is to create and institutionalize the Youth Council in the Kamza municipality through setting up of a clear and efficient mechanism for monitoring the work of municipal councilors on youth policies implementation and relevant decision-making.
The action will have the following results:
- Youth is more informed and participate actively in local governance;
- Improved public services for Youth in the municipality.
- Open call for applications (through notifications by emails to youth organizations, school's directories, university, social media), public campaign in schools and university and selection of candidates for Youth council;
- Public presentation of the youth council and assignment of the agreement between Mayor of the municipality and the candidates;
- Technical training of youth for the monitoring process;
- Legal training process on how to understand and use the documents during monitoring process;
- Monitoring process on daily basis and on specific dates of the councilors' meetings;
- Training on media presentations, public presentations of data generated by the monitoring and how to formulate the press release for every data they want to publish;
- Media Activity;
- Mentoring to Youth council to monitor and raise the voice on youth isues that are or not included in the discussions;
- Leaflets and Posters designed and published by youth themselves about the findings on monitoring's days.
Further information and contact
Msc. Gentiana Ramadani
Center for European integration and Development (CEID) -Zentrum für europäische Integration und Entwicklung