Difference between revisions of "Danube Governance Conference 2021"
(→Agenda & selected materials in review)
|Line 102:||Line 102:|
Revision as of 16:28, 4 February 2021
Danube Governance Conference 2021 - Towards European integration with the SDGs
28th of January 2021
Location: Online Conference
About the Conference
The Danube Governance Conference: Towards European integration with the SDGs is the final event of the program Building Administrative Capacities in the Danube Region and Western Balkans (BACID), co-funded by the Austrian Development Cooperation and implemented by the Austrian Association of Cities and Towns and KDZ Centre for Public Administration Research.
At this occasion we would like to gather stakeholders with whom we have been cooperating in the past years to discuss the topics identified as priorities in improving governance in the countries of the Region on the way to European integration and how the Sustainable Development Goals support this process. Besides ministries, local governments, NGOs and other organisations from the Western Balkans, the event will bring together our partner public institutions and private organisations from the whole Danube Region, as well as representatives of the EU and international organisations that are supporting European integration and public administration reforms in the Western Balkans and the Republic of Moldova.
Our partners are invited to present their challenges and achievements and discuss possible solutions to be further developed through future collaborative activities.
Structure of the conference
- Opening with the status of EU integration of the Western Balkan countries followed by a panel discussion on local government responses to the COVID-19 crisis in the Region.
- Parallel Sessions with local actors working towards implementing the Agenda 2030
Four sessions on different topics regarding SDGs and local governments:
- Governance and democracy
- Climate adaptation and Smart Cities
- Participation and civil society
- Local economic development
- Governance and democracy
An inner circle of speakers from partner organisations will discuss the given topic, participants can join in the discussion via chat or video.
- Expo booths with presentations of organisations and projects
The participants are encouraged to promote their projects and/or organisations via Google slides or video presentations. Presentation of the projects through online booths and networking possibilities in order to develop further project ideas and networking.
In the afternoon breaks there will be a chance for selected projects to be in the spotlight. In 30-minute slots BACID Fund grantees and other partners can present their projects live and with more interaction.
Agenda & selected materials in review
Opening of the conference
- Welcome by Michael LUDWIG, Mayor of the city of Vienna and President of the Austrian Association of Cities and Towns (video message)
- Opening statement on European Enlargement by Katalin Tünde HUBER, Federal Ministry of European and International Affairs
Virtual Panel Discussion on “Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic: Challenges and responses of local governments in the Danube Region”
Moderated by Thomas PROROK, KDZ
Keynote by Jurijs GRIZĀNS, Riga City Council
Localizing and Measuring Sustainable Development Goals in Riga
Parallel Session 1 - Governance & Democracy
Moderated by Vedran DZIHIC, Austrian Institute for International Affairs
- Sebastian SCHÄFFER, Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe
- Claudia SINGER, Danube Region Strategy PA10
- Elton STAFA, NALAS
Parallel Session 2 - Climate adaptation and Smart Cities
Moderated by Ina HOMEIER, City of Vienna
- Nikolas NEUBERT, Austrian Institute of Technology
- Nermina SULJEVIC, City of Sarajevo
- Dubravka ŽIVKOVIĆ, University of Kragujevac
Parallel Session 3 - Strengthening Participation and Civil Society
Moderated by Stefan LÜTGENAU, Foster Europe
- Kelly-Jane BISHOP, Ximpulse Gmbh, Switzerland
- Gentiana RAMADANI, Center for European Integration and Development
- Ankica TODOROVIC, City of Bijeljina
Parallel Session 4 - Local Economic Development
Moderated by Mario HOLZNER, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies
- Gerhard SABATHIEL, SA Consulting
- Ana JANOSEV, Social Impact Award
- Darko MRVALJEVIC, NALAS