Metropolitan Innovation Systems (MIS) of Capital Cities in Western Balkan Countries and Moldova – Baseline Assessment and Potential Capacity Building in the EU-Context
Objectives and results
The action aims at providing a baseline assessment of Metropolitan Innovation Systems (MIS) in the capital cities of Montenegro, Moldova and Albania.
The expected results of the action are:
- Overview of currently used instruments, programmes and financial structures (municipal service delivery areas) in the selected metropolises (LGA) compared to Ljubljana (Slovenia) and Vienna (Austria);
- Overview of foreign direct investments (FDI) from EU, USA, Asia (China) and other countries to be invested in infrastructure and innovation on metropolitan/municipal level;
- Initial recommendations for reform in the selected municipalities (LGA).
- Baseline assessment of MIS in the capital cities of beneficiary countries;
- Comparison with MIS of Ljubljana (Slovenia) and Vienna (Austria);
- Initial recommendations for reform initiatives towards a pragmatic approach for municipal governments and other stakeholders of the innovation system.
Further information and contact
Mag. Alexander G. Welzl
EUPro, Bureau für Europäische Projekte (Bureau for European Projects)