Skopje Urban Lab - urban revitalization through local economic development
|Name||Skopje Urban Lab - urban revitalization through local economic development|
|Programme Component||BACID Fund|
|Priority Theme||Smart City|
|Topic||Smart City - Local economic development|
|Implementing Organisations||ZT DI Roland Krebs MBA, superwien urbanism OG|
|Partner Organisations||Municipality of Centar, Skopje|
|Last update||24. 5. 2019 by Giebhart|
Objectives and results
The objective of the action is know-how transfer of a dialogue oriented planning tool-kit for the local economic development and integrated urban regeneration of sub-utilized central areas with potential for economic, social and cultural revitalization of the historic urban center of Skopje.
The expected results of the action are the following:
- Urban strategy for the integrated urban development of central places applying creative thinking and design;
- Transfer of dialogue orientated urban planning and place-making techniques;
- Transformed sub-utilized urban areas into vital urban areas;
- Incentivized concrete action in local economic development processes;
- Entrepreneurs, cultural activists, etc. motivated to actively participate in urban transformation processes.
- Conduct interviews with key stakeholders (5) on the issues to address in the intervention area;
- Elaborate Stakeholder mapping;
- Define Emerging Topics to be addressed in the workshop phase.
- Call for proposals for entrepreneurs, cultural activists, universities, etc. to propose on actions in the intervention area;
- Invite best proposals to workshop.
- Production of an image video as final report;
- Develop a mid- and long term cooperation with the partners on place making and participatory urban planning.
Further information and contact
ZT DI Roland Krebs MBA, superwien urbanism OG