Nurturing social enterprises in active labour market policies framework for inclusive local growth in Macedonia
|Name||Nurturing social enterprises in active labour market policies framework for inclusive local growth in Macedonia|
|Programme Component||BACID Fund Call 4 (2016)|
|Priority Theme||Inclusive City|
|Topic||Inclusive City - Disadvantaged groups|
|Implementing Organisations||European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research|
|Partner Organisations||PUBLIC - Association for Research, Communications and Development|
|Last update||6. 9. 2018 by Admin|
Objectives and results
The objectives of the action:
1) To investigate and compare fruitful frameworks for social enterprises in Macedonia within the frames of the existing active labour market programmes across the European Union to build a strong pillar for development of social entrepreneurship in Macedonia;
2) To transfer know-how about design and implementation of support measures for the development of social entrepreneurship between Macedonian partners and the European Centre;
3) To jointly propose a set of policy tools based on international practice that can enhance the capacity of regions and municipalities to support social enterprises for inclusion of disadvantaged groups.
1. A written report co-authored by PUBLIC and complemented by expertise of European Centre, with a strong policy focus;
2. Increased capacity of PUBLIC to influence labour market policies which target socially disadvantaged groups in Macedonia;
3. Know-how transfer between an established think tank and PUBLIC in the area of social entrepreneurship and active labour market policy frameworks.
Activity 1: Review of existing relevant research and good practice about active labour market policies and employment of disadvantaged groups in social enterprises in Macedonia (implemented by PUBLIC)
Activity 2: Elaboration of the findings of the primary research conducted by PUBLIC in the project "Challenges and opportunities for employment of marginalized groups by social enterprises" (implemented by PUBLIC)
Activity 3: Review of international good practice and available frameworks for inclusion of disadvantaged groups through social entreprises at the local level (implemented by European Centre)
Activity 4: Virtual coordinative meetings and mentoring via Skype and email communication (implemented by PUBLIC and European Centre to exchange feedback and share knowledge)
Activity 5: Preparation of a joined report entitled "Nurturing social enterprises in active labour market policies framework for inclusive local growth in Macedonia" (implemented by PUBLIC, with comments from European Centre)
Activity 6: Dissemination of findings via networks listed above (implemented by PUBLIC).
- Article in Macedonian
- Policy Document "Nurturing social enterprises in active labour market policies framework for inclusive local growth in Macedonia"
Further information and contact
European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research